In this webinar we will give an overview of the National Packaging Targets and provide some key updates in this space, this will include:
- Contact details of our new team of Own Brand Packaging Technologists here at Coles and how they can help you.
- How we will work with you to resolve the remaining non-recyclable packaging formats.
- An overview of the recently announced changes to the recyclability of soft plastic packaging.
- An overview of the changes we have recently made in the Fusion Advanced Packaging tab, particularly related to secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Why the accuracy of packaging information you submit to us is so important.
- Working together to achieve our recycled content targets including the targets by material type.
- The New Product Development process with a focus on reduction, reuse, recyclability, and recycled content for primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging.
- How we are communicating our sustainability journey with our customers
The content of this webinar is suitable for all Coles Own Brand suppliers and for any team members involved with the primary, secondary or tertiary packaging of our Coles Own Brand product ranges.
About The Presenters:
Katy Mossop | Sustainable Packaging Manager – Own Brand Responsible Sourcing Team | Coles
Katy Mossop first joined Coles in 2010 and has held various Category Manager, Business Category Manager and Own Brand Manager roles across Food and Non-Food categories. In 2017 Katy relocated back to the UK and joined the environmental not-profit organisation WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Program), as Senior Business Account Manager for the UK Plastics Pact. This was an excellent opportunity to work alongside world leading experts in packaging sustainability and recyclability. In 2021 Katy returned to Australia and was delighted to re-join the Coles family in the role of Sustainable Packaging Manager and is very much enjoying driving Coles’ delivery against Australia’s 2025 National Packaging Targets.
Natalie Shaw | Coles Own Brand Packaging Technologist | Coles
Natalie Shaw first joined Coles through the Coles Graduate scheme in 2018, performing roles in both the merchandise and responsible sourcing teams. Natalie discovered a passion for all things responsible sourcing and is now a highly regarded subject matter expert in the packaging space within the Own Brand Responsible Sourcing Team at Coles. Natalie works closely with our Own Brand Product Developers and Technical team and our suppliers to ensure our product packaging is best in class!